00 hard to shift

TLontheDL

the shift knob wont budge. actually its the button in the knob i can't press in. it gets stuck the 1st few tries but after awhile, im able to press it all the way in and then i can put it out of park. any ideas on how to fix this?? is this common?

the shift knob wont budge. actually its the button in the knob i can't press in. it gets stuck the 1st few tries but after awhile, im able to press it all the way in and then i can put it out of park. any ideas on how to fix this?? is this common?

You should have a key slot near the shifter. Put the key (any key used to work in my CRX back when it was auto) in, and it will unlock the shifter.

there's gotta be a fuse...you can feel something inside the shifter whenever you step on the brake in park, that's the release. pretty sure there's a fuse for it in your box. if you don't feel the little release clicking when you step on the brake, it probably just needs the fuse replaced. hope this helps

there's gotta be a fuse...you can feel something inside the shifter whenever you step on the brake in park, that's the release. pretty sure there's a fuse for it in your box. if you don't feel the little release clicking when you step on the brake, it probably just needs the fuse replaced. hope this helps

this fuse was the reverse light fuse on the older civics but i dont know if its the same fuse.

Sorry I forgot to mention that nobody locked the shifter.

As I said, after a few tries the button finally budges and im able to press it all the way in and then shift it out of park.

Did you try it anyway? Mine would just do it from time to time.

Otherwise, as already mentioned, it may be a fuse. Happened to the rex when it was auto as well. There were no brake lights, no horn, and the shifter would lock up. I think you'd have mentioned any other symptoms.

Archived