Need an Upgrade Idea

sohcVTEC-E

Hey all. Im a noob, just got my civic last friday after some biotch totaled my saturn. Anyways, I was just wondering what you guys thought would be a nice upgrade for $280 cuz I just sold stuff from my old car, and i wanna make this civic FAST! I've got an intake and exhaust lined up already and was thinking about a chip maybe? Any other ideas??? And what kind of chips are good for civics? Thanks a lot guys!

I would suggest going with some new headers and going with a new cat back ehaust on it also. You can find headers pretty cheap on ebay but look at them good before you buy a lot of them are "knock-offs" of DC Sports. Summit racing has some nice headers at a decent price. BTW for anyone else reading this what do you think of hedman headers?

Summit Racing

rs-R is the best quiet performance muffler made right now. it winds up when you get on it but sounds nice and subtle when you are just cruising.

smsp is a good header i dont care.

skunk 2 manifolds are fine i dont know why you wouldnt buy it.

I would do a good solid tune up first, especially if you just bought it. How many miles does it have? Consult the owner's manual for the maintenance schedule. As SSR said, a transmission upgrade would be a good way to make your car faster, and it won't affect stock reliability. It took a friend and me only a day to put a 88-91 Si transmission on my old 91 LX sedan, and that was with cigarette breaks and never having swapped a transmission before, just following the Helm's manual. It was cable clutch though, so I don't know how difficult a hydro clutch is to deal with.

To what 97 accord said : A lot of intake manifolds can decrease your overall power. Depending on the air flow , you can lose power. I have seen quite a few articles that showed the DYNO sheet before and after on B16's with new IM. Skunk 2 added very little, and Venom decreased top end power.

understood..

a fuel rail would be a decent buy if you get a well known nice brand.

i got a BDL industries one today along with a crapload of corner lights and bumper lights both OEM and clear in exchange for my fracked up rims.

Archived