my little iPod experience

xxscaxx

so, i decided to share this with you guys to maybe save some of you the trouble and headache i had to go through.

so i get an iPod nano for christmas. my last ipod i had got stolen at my damn college. i was pretty pumped because i needed one bad for the gym, and i hate making cds so i wanted it for my car. i also got a fm transmitter, one that plugs into the cigarette lighter so you can charge it and play at the same time.

so i get in my car, plug it in, listen to my music on the way to the gym, and everythings good. works great. i come out of the gym, go to plug in my ipod....the songs dont come on. the ipod is still charging, but it wont play through the radio anymore. so im like great, the goddamn fm transmitter is broken. i return it, get the same one, and the same thing happens to me. works for like 20 minutes, and then stops. so im like goddamnit, maybe its just that brand of the fm transmitter. bring it back, get a different transmitter, and still one that plugs into the cigarette lighter and charges. same crap happens.

so i bring the ipod in, and they tell me that the port on the bottom is bad, thats why it charges but doesnt play. i get a brand new nano under warranty.

so im thinking alright cool, problem solved. nope, same crap again. so i bring the ipod in again, and in my mind i have a feeling it has something to do with the fm transmitters that plug into the cigarette lighters to charge the nano at the same time. i tell the guy about this, and he tells me that about 3 people in the last 2 days have come in with the same problem. i get my ipod restored, buy a fm transmitter that DOESNT charge the nano, and now it works PERFECT. no problems at all.

Moral of the story: if any of you have a nano, DO NOT get an fm transmitter that plugs into the cigarette lighter. the nano cant charge it and play at the same time, there is something up with the nanos, and now that i talked to the guy, he is putting in a letter to corporate about the problem.

later

That sucks man. The mp3 player I got my wife has the FM transmitter built in, and goes 10 hours on a charge so we don't have to worry about that. Glad you got it figured it out.

lucky.

yeah, it was annoying but the nano is awesome, especially for working out since its so small. the arm band i got though looks like a bandaid :laugh:

I'm not gonna get a video. A lot of people I know have one, yes the screen is bigger and better quality and it plays videos, but I would never actually use it to watch videos. I get good use out of my photo, i've got about 900 pictures I took on there, and i'm always scrolling through them when I get bored in class. I'll just wait until the end of this year when Apple releases another new ipod, should be interesting to see what they make next.

Archived