94 Accord EX

mitchjw

:mad: Hi all: Cannot find an answer in search, so please don't flame me for this. I have a 94 Accord. Read somewhere that there is a bushing/gasket in the exhaust that is a common rattling part? I've got a vibration rattle, and it sounds like it's in the engine area, but perhaps exhaust. I can rev the engine while standing over it, and I cannot hear it. Get in the seat and rev it, can hear valves but also a secondary rattle till I get it over 3k on the tach. Any common issues or is this just a get under there while my buddy revs it till I find it kinda thing?

Please help!

Honestly, see if it's one of your heat shields over the exhaust. Those tend to get old and start to hang down a little. The slightest vibration makes and ugly sound.

Might not be it, but it's the easiest thing to check.

Honestly, see if it's one of your heat shields over the exhaust. Those tend to get old and start to hang down a little. The slightest vibration makes and ugly sound.

Might not be it, but it's the easiest thing to check.

Will do. It doesn't sound like the metal of a shield, but I will certainly try it as you say, it's the easiest. This thing isn't loud enough to be an issue, but I am so uptight that I hate it!

• 3 weeks later...
:mad: Hi all: Cannot find an answer in search, so please don't flame me for this. I have a 94 Accord. Read somewhere that there is a bushing/gasket in the exhaust that is a common rattling part? I've got a vibration rattle, and it sounds like it's in the engine area, but perhaps exhaust. I can rev the engine while standing over it, and I cannot hear it. Get in the seat and rev it, can hear valves but also a secondary rattle till I get it over 3k on the tach. Any common issues or is this just a get under there while my buddy revs it till I find it kinda thing?

Please help!

I go with SolLesHonda, check the heat shield. I just had this same problem, until I got over 2k I'd here this awful rattling sound. Took it to the mechanic today for oil change and he told me its the heat shield, he took it off and now the noise is gone.

• 1 month later...

Sounds alot like the heat shield is loose. That's what it was on my car I took it off now it's fine, but it sounded like a fricken POS for a while. I mean ... who parks on grass anyway... my ride likes the pavement lol. Best of Luck! !!!

• 9 months later...

I've got a 95 Accord EX, and I'm getting a similar vibration. It sounds like some part of the exhaust or in the engine bay. It starts at about 1500 rpm, and then stops once it reaches 2k rpm.

I thought it was a heat shield. I checked them all, I was under there banging around, everything in a great shape, no rust. I checked the shield over the header too, which is tight. Cannot find the rattle, does anyone else know what it could be?

Archived