Accord 4cyl 5speed won't shift

zazoos

Accord 4cyl 5speed won't shift. 124,000 miles

The clutch slave cylinder was going out, so I purhcased a new Clutch Master Cylinder, Slave Cylinder and the line from Honda. I installed them and the car ran fine for about a week. The cylinders are holding pressure and fully extending the clutch arm. Now the car doesn't want to go into any gear. If I turn the car off, I can change gears, when the car is running and in gear with the clutch pressed to the floor the car doesn't leach forward or give signs of the cylinders slipping. I suspect the clutch disc is worn and needs replacing. What is your opinion.

Accord 4cyl 5speed won't shift. 124,000 miles

The clutch slave cylinder was going out, so I purhcased a new Clutch Master Cylinder, Slave Cylinder and the line from Honda. I installed them and the car ran fine for about a week. The cylinders are holding pressure and fully extending the clutch arm. Now the car doesn't want to go into any gear. If I turn the car off, I can change gears, when the car is running and in gear with the clutch pressed to the floor the car doesn't leach forward or give signs of the cylinders slipping. I suspect the clutch disc is worn and needs replacing. What is your opinion.

you should go to the introduction forum and introduce yourself first.

i had a similar problem, i bled the clutch over again and it was fine. try that, if not, you might need a new clutch. at 124,000 miles, i wouldnt doubt it.

Problem Fixed,

I adjusted the part that screws onto the clutch master cylinder and attaches to the clutch pedal. I'm not for sure why the clutch worked the first week and then didn't but after adjusting the part and giving the clutch master cylinder more travel the car shifts fine. Thanks for the help.

Zazoos

was gonna say theres only one way to tell you need a new clutch , when it slips , other than that its good to go. if its not engaging and disengaging than its not the clutch itself.

• 3 weeks later...

i know just your problem

step 1: go buy some dot 3 brake fluid

step 2: unscrew grey cap closest to your drivers side fender near your windshield fill completely with brake fluid

Step 3: pump your clutch 4 or 5 full times start car in neutral and shift into first

have a nice day

Archived