Funny sound when shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear

yobtuollaf17

Hey guys i`m new to this but i have a 97 accord with cold air intake and for the past 2 months it has been making this whine sound when i shift in my lower gears almost like im running turbo! I have no idea what the hell is making the sound and i have dropped it by the shop twice and the guys have no idea what it is. I was wandering if anyone knew what that could possibly be. It has 120,000 miles.

defintely check fluid dude , maybe a pinion bearing gettin bad or somin. pilot bearing maybe. hopefully low on fluid but if its been low on fluid long enough to start whining than thats not good.

defintely check fluid dude , maybe a pinion bearing gettin bad or somin. pilot bearing maybe. hopefully low on fluid but if its been low on fluid long enough to start whining than thats not good.

yea it was a little low but even after i filled up fluid it still makes the sound everynow and then. It does it more when i listen to music, could it be electrical?

is it comming through your speakers? sounds like it might be electric interference in your stereo maybe. bad diodes in alt maybe . you run subwoofers? is your power wire ran right next to your rca's?

Archived