2000 Accord Speaker Fit

samcrac

Hey,

I wanted to put new speakers in the front 2 doors of my car. I know that the speaker size is 6.5" (please correct me if i am wrong). Does anyone happen to know what the max mounting depth of these speakers are? One set i looked at says 2.25" mounting depth (audiobahn as65q). Im not sure if these would fit or not? Also, is there anything i need to look for when changing out the back 6x9's to insure an easy fit. I dont wanna do alot of custom work, i would just like them to drop in! If anyone has any suggestions on speakers they have used, please tell me those too! Thanks for the help in advance

Sam

I have Infinity Kappas in my '99, which are listed on the Infinity website as 2 3/16 mounting depth. When I first installed them, and the driver's window was lowered, the window would just barely scrape against the back of the speaker, so I put in a little plastic spacer that came with the speakers. That solved my problem just fine, but I'm not sure how big of a spacer you could fit in there. You might want to check that out before buying.

Archived