any way to speed up windows?

h22cd5

just wondering if theres anyway to speed up the windows of my 94 accord...takes alittle while to go up once i have them down and seein if i can do anything myself before the weather around my area gets really nice. any help would be nice, thanks...

People are so impacient now-a-days.

????? solles mr fukin spellmaster? what happened there noob? gettin a little "impatient" on the keyboard are we? baahahaha

yeah mine does it too.. many people say that silicone oil on the seals on the sides of the windows (while the window is down) speeds it up.

the reason it is doing that is because the rubber seals are dried up and just like when you rub your finger across a dry rubber piece it is a lot harder to do than when it is wet..

i dont know if im making any sense but just get silicone oil or some other kind of oil and put them on the side seals. NOT THE BOTTOM ONE! that will leave streaks all down the window and will be hard to get out. and be sure not to use too much or it will look wierd.

welcome to the forums.. dont mind them.. im the only reg here with an accord.

- the only way the motor would wear out is if you dont grease these seals because it is putting strain on the motor. so grease it and dont worry about the motor till another 400,000 miles. haha

I would go with silicone spray, with the windows down, spray inside the window runs. also, unfortunately my money would be on a weak motor (common). You may also try to lube up the regulator (scissor looking thing in the door that actually moves the window up and down).

yeah mine does it too.. many people say that silicone oil on the seals on the sides of the windows (while the window is down) speeds it up.

the reason it is doing that is because the rubber seals are dried up and just like when you rub your finger across a dry rubber piece it is a lot harder to do than when it is wet..

i dont know if im making any sense but just get silicone oil or some other kind of oil and put them on the side seals. NOT THE BOTTOM ONE! that will leave streaks all down the window and will be hard to get out. and be sure not to use too much or it will look wierd.

welcome to the forums.. dont mind them.. im the only reg here with an accord.

- the only way the motor would wear out is if you dont grease these seals because it is putting strain on the motor. so grease it and dont worry about the motor till another 400,000 miles. haha

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
just wondering if theres anyway to speed up the windows of my 94 accord...takes alittle while to go up once i have them down and seein if i can do anything myself before the weather around my area gets really nice. any help would be nice, thanks...

just traded my 96 accord lx in, had the same problem with my front windows on it. you might be able to get away with just the spray, but if it doesn't help you're gonna have to shell out for new motors.

whoever buys my accord will have to, during summer they're slow, but they make it, cold weather they stop every inch, then go up an inch, then stop again.

try the spray, if not go in and get new motors...it'll be worth it. (my accord had 173,000+ and was still going strong).

Archived