Certified Warranty; Incompetent Dealer

tuolumne

They are both burned out on the new 02' Accord I just purchased.

Took it into the dealer, asked them to replace it under the certified one year warrany, quoted me $100 for the clock, $300 for the odemeter. Said that lights like such are not covered under the certified warranty. I was insulted when he told me to buy a watch and "turn on my dome light" to see the odemeter at night.

I asked them to fix the mirror (which doesn't adjust horizontally), they quote me $130, but promise to take the price off when I return. I also told them to fix the right windshield washer sprayer (which sprays almost nothing), they say no problem they will blow air through the system. I take a shuttle back, which took almost two hours. They call me six hours later, they give me a free flower (great), I get in the car, the green paint around the mirror is scuffed, the mirror IS NOT fixed at all, the washer sprayer is still clogged and I have to drive home with no odometer or clock light. I took the car right back, but the "service station was closed for today". This was yesterday night.

I need to know...

Would the lights be covered under the certified one year warranty? (I read this service bulletin which acknowledges it as a problem and says it is covered under warranty)

Is the mirror covered under the warranty? (he said some nonsense about it only being covered if the motor was defective, which it is not, the lead that connects the glass to the motor is just not connected)

These people at this dealer are incompetent and I intend to go raise a bitch storm later today, about the scratched paint on the mirror, the non-existant fix on the mirror and sprayer, and tell them I want those two lights fixed.

Well I called the dealer today.

They told me right out the lights won't be covered. Fine, the clock light was easy enough to change out ($1.50/2 pk. 12V lights at Radioshack). The odometer light will be a larger challenge (take out dash).

They then proceded to say that they had ordered a part on the mirror and it would be available within a week (they told me nothing of this when I picked up the car). They said it was a mistake and that it should have been printed on the invoice as such. They promised to fix the sprayer and apologized about any scuff marks, they will touch them up.

The dealer was in Northern California, whom I have purhcased two used cars from before (one Honda, one Ford) and taken in [the Honda] for service prior, so I was shocked when this occured. Nevertheless, I am somewhat happy that this is [going] to be resolved. Now that damn pesky odometer light:(

Archived