Need help just replaced airfilter today

04V6Cord

I was changing my air filter today for the first time since I have owned this car. When I went for the 4th screw (top right hand corner of the air box) it was stripped on the threads and the top, after 30 minutes of work I got the screw out. Now the air box is missing a screw and when gunning the car it almost sounds like a muffled cold air intake. Is this bad for the car in any way, or losing power only putting 3 screws back in the box and leaving the 4th undone. The box on that top portion is def a little loser and air can leak into the box from the engine bay instead of the snorkle.

2004 Honda Accord V6 Coupe

Thanks

If air is leaking in after the air filter then there is nothing stopping a foreign object from entering your engine, even dust is bad :( You should probably take care of this ASAP. Duct Tape is better than nothing for the time being. Or maybe you could use a normal bolt and nut? If your warranty doesn't cover it you might check out www.car-part.com there will probably be some less expensive used ones on there.

Archived