CKP/TDC Sensor

jlh

The check engine light is on in my 96 Accord. The diagnostic code that I read is 8 flashes, which is one of the following trouble codes:

P1359-CKP/TDC Sensor Disconnect

P1361-TDC Sensor Intermittent

P1362-TDC Sensor no signal

I have reset the check engine light and the same code comes in. I have measured the resistance of the CKP and TDC sensors and they are within spec.

A week before the check engine light came on I had the car to the dealer for some warranty work that involved plugs, wires, new distributor cap, & new rotor.

Is the dealer work a possible cause of the check engine light coming on?

Any suggestions on what to do next?

dunno what those codes are but i do know that you can't "reset" the SRS light like you can the MIL (check engine light) I have been told that the easiest way to "reset" the SRS light is to unhook the battery both ends and let is set a min, then before hooking back up touch the + and - ends togeather. worth a shot, I still need to try it with mine, it's been on since i swapped the front seats (side airbags were unhooked for a min)

good luck

Archived