Gear Oil

Purple Synchro-mesh.

Isn't syncromesh for GM transfer cases, or are you talking something different, and if it is, why that? Just wondering!

You should only need three quarts I think, but it shouldn't need all of it.

How do you know if your syncros are going? I haven't had to deal with tranny problems.

I'd really like to know for sure how friggen much I need. Exactly how much if possible.

EDIT: It's really hard to get my car into gear. REALLY hard. And sometimes when I downshift it will lurch my car forward and grind. That happens even when I'm shifting carefully and not aggressively

Thanks for the back up man. Nobody ever listens to me. Fawkers.

Dude, I listened to you! I just was curious about the reasoning behind it. If a knowledgable person told you to put GM parts in your Honda, wouldn't you ask why, so you knew the reasoning behind it, rather than because that's what I did! I'm not doubting you, I was trying to learn something new!

Its true, the trans does take motor oil but I was wondering what people on here use. My synchros are bad. I miss second about 70 percent of the time because its such a biotch to get in gear. Hopefully this synchromesh stuff with recondition them. BTW- SSR, two quarts ran me 22.87!!! How often do you guys change your gear oil?

Archived