Remote Start/Keyless install on 1994 Accord LX?

Noya

Hi, I was interested in getting a remote start/keyless entry system for my 1994 Accord LX automatic. But I have no clue on where to start. What brand(s) are good? Is it hard to install? Should I get an alarm while I'm at it?

I did seom looking and it appears the Valet Valet 561R would fit the bill quite nicely. Does anyone have any experience with it/installing it? From the Circut City reviews, with installation it ends up costing $250+. Does anyone know of a good instructional website?

I don't have the same brand as you, but I didn't need any relays for my auto-locks, but mine came with a relay for the remote start (not using it). I couldn't get mine to work and I think it's because the car requires the chip in the key to be started. All mine would ever do is crank but not start. Mine also came with instructions and wire diagrams (for the alarm).

I don't have the same brand as you, but I didn't need any relays for my auto-locks, but mine came with a relay for the remote start (not using it). I couldn't get mine to work and I think it's because the car requires the chip in the key to be started. All mine would ever do is crank but not start. Mine also came with instructions and wire diagrams (for the alarm).

Thanks for the replies.

I found a website that sells the Valet (at double Circut City's price :-" ) and also the "DEI Bypass Module" which I'm pretty sure disables stock alarm systems only when the remote starter is engaged. They had an email address for questions, but it must have been bogus as my email was returned. From the reviews on Epinions/Circut City, finding out through Circut City if I need the bypass module would be like asking a used car salesman if they offer in house financing. I guess I can try to find a # for DEI/Valet, but I really don't think a 94 has any factory anti-theft systems on it.

That was the msot ignorant comment I've heard in a while. The thing is, some people like to warm up/cool down their car before driving it. It is much easier to press a button then walk all of the way outside, or across a parking lot, etc to do something you can do from far away.

Don't talk anymore. I've revoked all of your privledges.

Some people like the option/luxury of starting their car while being indoors somewhere. Some choose to save money by not getting the option of a remote start. It is up to each individual. I don't have that option but is your car door still locked while the car is at idle? Im PRETTY sure it is but just making sure.

Me personally, I would not get a remote start.

Dude, how did you not think about that happening? That was the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw a remote start kit. I was like, "Hm... I won't be able to park in gear anymore." Then I didn't buy one.

Would be nice, though. I'm always getting in the car to leave the house before 7:00 AM and its cooooold.

yeah remote starts are a bad idea, i had a local shop wire my beemer w/ one and i left it in gear, next morning before work when i woke up i hit the start and it started in gear and went through the race shop garage door, cost about 6500 to fix the door and the car,

VR17: dont tell me to chill. :ph34r:

A shop installed one on a manual transmission car? I don't know of any place around here that will do that, for fear of someone doing what you did, and then the shop getting sued.

• 6 months later...
yeah remote starts are a bad idea, i had a local shop wire my beemer w/ one and i left it in gear, next morning before work when i woke up i hit the start and it started in gear and went through the race shop garage door, cost about 6500 to fix the door and the car,

VR17: dont tell me to chill. :ph34r:

I can't imagine any company designing these with out a cancelation system on them if the car is in gear.

Something like that is bound to happen from time to time.

Your telling us that there is no cancelation sytem on it or the shop screwed up and didn't wire it right?

That's NUTS :crazy: ..............and if so, I would have never even bought the system.

Matter of fact, I would of contacted the appropiate authority to get it off the market, that could kill someone!

Archived