Remote Start/Keyless install on 1994 Accord LX?

Noya

Tell you the truth...

Ive started my car in gear, beacsue I am a dumbass...

And with the ebrake on, I didnt go far... not far at all... I would say barley and Inch

I think its a good idea, you wake up mad early in the morning with a foot of snow on the ground, you dont want to walk out there to warm up your car, hit a button from the window and dam toasty warm car in 15 minutes!

I want one, and would deffinitly take the risk.

Tell you the truth...

Ive started my car in gear, beacsue I am a dumbass...

And with the ebrake on, I didnt go far... not far at all... I would say barley and Inch

I think its a good idea, you wake up mad early in the morning with a foot of snow on the ground, you dont want to walk out there to warm up your car, hit a button from the window and dam toasty warm car in 15 minutes!

I want one, and would deffinitly take the risk.

They are a great idea! Some have a great need for a system like that, some don't.

While I certainly don't need one for at home use, (car is in heated garage) at work it is a different story and would definitly purchase one.

You should NOT HAVE TO TAKE ANY RISK THOUGH !! A good system should be set up so if you do leave it in gear it won't be funtional what so ever. To me, that should not be a optional thing and by law all remote start ups should have them.

Law, Lawl....

They wont put a law on remote starters...

Just use your ebreak, Have fun rigging a system that tells the remote start that your in first.

Your thinking backwards buddy.

The system only has to know if the car is out of neutral where a saftey switch is all tha may be required but if it was me designing the system, I'd have it where you would also have to have the emergency brake on for the system to work so you would have a double safety check set up.

Relying on what a person SHOULD do is no way to design a product when it involves possible unwanted motivation of a car :thumbsup:

I had an idea to solve this issues but some ppl where bashing it, but I ges I will try to explain it again.

You have the starter work like this.

1. press start button
  2. car starter check to see if e-brake is up (if it is up auto start goes to next step, if down car wont start)
  3. a actuator presses a hydraulic ram attached to the hydraulic clutch line, adding pressure to the line as if you pressed down the clutch ( now the car is out of gear if left in first to park)

like it will work but is it cost efficient to do that is the issues

I had an idea to solve this issues but some ppl where bashing it, but I ges I will try to explain it again.

You have the starter work like this.

1. press start button
  2. car starter check to see if e-brake is up (if it is up auto start goes to next step, if down car wont start)
  3. a actuator presses a hydraulic ram attached to the hydraulic clutch line, adding pressure to the line as if you pressed down the clutch ( now the car is out of gear if left in first to park)

like it will work but is it cost efficient to do that is the issues

That's an idea that may work just fine and I don't think it would cost too much, why some would bash a thoughtful idea like that is beyond me ?

• 2 months later...

I'm thinking about buying a remote starter for my Civic...2 of my friends have the LCD version I like the two way feature in that sometimes the signal may be blocked.

Does anyone know of any good shops in NYC (Particularly Queens)

What is the average total cost for the device and installation? Some websites average around $150 without installation.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm thinking about buying a remote starter for my Civic...2 of my friends have the LCD version I like the two way feature in that sometimes the signal may be blocked.

Does anyone know of any good shops in NYC (Particularly Queens)

What is the average total cost for the device and installation? Some websites average around $150 without installation.

That is a good idea, do you know what brand/model their LCD version is?

Archived