losing brake pressure randomly

jeremy78951

I just picked up a 91 accord ex and the brakes were great when i test drove it.But on the way home i slowly applied the brakes and the petal slowly went to the floor.Next stop they worked great.In short they work great most of the time pedal right at the top but every once and awhile the pedal will go right to the floor they don't leak i am not losing fluid anywhere does this sound like a mastercylinder to you guys?I am not sure if they are antilock i dont see a abs light anywere.Thanks for any help

air in hydraulic lines, master cylander needs to be replaced, no brake fluid in master cylander, loose or damaged brake lines

those are a few things that could be the problem

sounds like the brake fluid is bypassing the the pistons in the master cylinder, and then re-entering the reservoir when you apply pedal. this is a common problem of a bad master cylinder. verify it with a mechanic, but i would say its a bad master.

Archived