1992 Acceleration problem HELP!

mastagped

Hi, I have a 92 Accord LX and I have been having problems with acceleration.

Here is the problem.

When I lightly give the car gas, it surges. The problem is only during slower acceleration. If I get on the gas pedel it runs just fine. When the car is cold it really runs fine. So I changed out a few parts. Cap, rotor, plugs, wires, fuel filter, O2 sensor. Still having the problem. I could use a new timing belt or at least have the timing checked. I don't really work on my car all that much but I do like to do what I can from time to time. The car has 144444 miles on it. The problem started on day out of the blue so I don't know what the hell to do. I did notice that the plugs had a bit of oil around the threads when I changed them out. However, when I changed the plugs the car acted up right away.

What should I do now? Does anyone have a suggestion. I also noticed that I can really smell my exhaust now. I did have a new muffler put on two years ago, could my Cat. be clogged?

Thanks for any help.

• 7 months later...

Archived