VTECH

sohcVTEC-E

Arent they those creatures that used to walk the earth before humans did, and they made a movie about them where they cloned them and brought them back, i think it was called Jurrassic Park.

VTEC won't engage unless you are at a percentage of throttle and above. I'm guessing around 60-70% throttle, but it will not be engaged if you are cruising at a rpm above the VTEC point with only slight throttle. The amount of load on the car/engine has nothing to do with VTEC and affects it none.

Okay. My voc. ed. teacher is a retard. He told me that the engine needs to be under load... I knew that when you sit there in neutral and rev the engine VTEC won't engage, I was just wondering if it had anything to do with load or the NPS thanks for the dyno sheet 00' EX

Arent they those creatures that used to walk the earth before humans did, and they made a movie about them where they cloned them and brought them back, i think it was called Jurrassic Park.

Hahaha make me laugh again

It's oil pressure that activates vtec, isn't it? we you just have to imagine the oil pressure isn't high when you're reving the car or when you're only giving it slight throttle.

vtec kicks in weather u r in neutral or not. vtec is engaged my oil pressure. when u reach a certain RPM and oil pressure the vtec kicks in.

VTEC 101:

actually i think u need 2 retake it. my friends integra, my civic, and my friends civic, all have vtec and vtec engagement lights. watch the oil pressure of ur car when it's in neutral and watch ur RPM's. it gets to about 4800 -5200 and Vtec kicks in. all 3 cars r the same. y do u think if u remove vtec the car only revs so high?

You are an idiot. First off, all three cars are not the same. VTEC engages at totally different times in a Civic and an Integra (depending on if you have the stock engine in). I have economy VTEC and I've opened my oil cap and revved the engine to 5000. The second intake valve doesn't open. So you can keep thinking it engages in neutral. Post some pics of all these "VTEC engagement lights" lighting up in neutral. And next time you argue with someone, make sure it isn't two regs that will always have tons more knowledge than you will. Peace

Of course you can. Hatchboy knows nothing about VTEC. He knows nothing period.

Oh, and by the way, before you try talking crapt to anyone about knowing stuff, get your facts straight, because you sound like a total tool. Noob.

Archived