Passenger Front Fender

Hippymac

I was wondering what is the best price that I should pay for a small passenger side fender. I had an estimate done and the shop wants to replace the fender as well as repaint it with the appropriate color. Should I have just gotten the dent pulled out and then painted or is getting the fender replaced the best choice?

Thanks for the reply. The dent is somehwat minor. I accidently hit my fence gate on yesterday. I want to maintain the natural paint look since the car is brand new.

I was wondering , i have a 1986 honda accord purchased for 500$ a year ago, it has 217000 ks..?

I have a change to huy a 1992 honda accord with 345000k on it for 1000 cash and give my car in for 500 of the value.

should i do this ?? should i buy it give my car up?? it it a good deal k;s are high is that to worry, considering it honda ?

i was told to kepp my 86 accord and lok for another deal ?? why do this ??

is the egine finished at 345000k ?? it is risky ?

something to keep in mind is that labor rates are pretty high (avg around $70 bucks an hour around here) so if it is a 2.0 hour dent (will take the shop two hours to clean up) than youve got $140 bucks in it. As far as what you should pay for one, let us know what you car is... year, 2dr-4dr, etc?

• 1 year later...

how do yu remove the sideskirt on the 95 accord? cause i seen some of the plastic tabs under the car but im not sure if it has clips on the top inside of the sideskirt. im asking because i dont want to break anything because im planning on building a sleeper. i know i sound like an idiot but i am with this car ive only had it for a few days now, so im pretty new with this model.

The tabs are plastic expanding cylinders with a pin in the middle.

Good news: Honda has been using these for decades. Go the bone yard and go to every Honda you see and pull tabs off it, the tabs differ by design throughout the years but all do the same job.

Get a handful so you're your covered if you break one.

Now on to how to avoid breaking them. Pull the pin (pliers, straight slot, etc.) and then pull the rest of it out.

Tip: don't bother scavenging older CRXs, they had this phillips head looking design with a fine thread plastic screw in the middle. The screw never wanted to come out and the head stripped easily. Early late ninties Acura and Honda have the side slotted ones that come out easily and hold just as well.

Archived