TRANNY PROBLEM - Help

XRacingDemonX

• 2 weeks later...
need some help for my 1994 accord, my transmission (AUTOMATIC) Jerks every gear, anyone have similar problems and any ideas of solution to problem???

Mine has just started doing this, have a 90 with 140k. Shifts really hard both up and down. Also jerks when you let off the gas. Had to park it till I figure out what is going on. :mad2:

need some help for my 1994 accord, my transmission (AUTOMATIC) Jerks every gear, anyone have similar problems and any ideas of solution to problem???

your clutch is old and is slipping through the gear box, either that or your fasten that holds the clutch in place isnt catching...my opinion, do a auto to manual swap...spent 2 weeks doing the conversion and threw in an exedy stage 1 racing clutch and a clutchmasters shortshift kit...best choice ive made in years. its easier than you think

i had an 86 bronco 2 that had a similar problem.. it was a manual but every time i would try to drive it it would jerk and i couldnt go above 45 mph... it was a simple fix though.. just needed a new fuel filter.

your clutch is old and is slipping through the gear box, either that or your fasten that holds the clutch in place isnt catching...my opinion, do a auto to manual swap...spent 2 weeks doing the conversion and threw in an exedy stage 1 racing clutch and a clutchmasters shortshift kit...best choice ive made in years. its easier than you think

how much did that run you?

• 8 months later...

I have the same issue, trying to figure out what the problem is. I just got the car I thought it was just the winter. When the car goes to shift it will drop of the the current gear and then the RPM will climb like 2000 before it actually shifts up to the next gear. Odd, the tranny fluid is at an optimal level and looks good, does not smell burnt. Contemplating changing the filter or adding an additive, any suggestions?

I have the same issue, trying to figure out what the problem is. I just got the car I thought it was just the winter. When the car goes to shift it will drop of the the current gear and then the RPM will climb like 2000 before it actually shifts up to the next gear. Odd, the tranny fluid is at an optimal level and looks good, does not smell burnt. Contemplating changing the filter or adding an additive, any suggestions?

Thats what sucks about automatics. Your tranny is done. It is just going to get worse sooner or later you will be driving and it will rev like it is in neutral and you won't be going anywhere.... time to rebuild auto, buy used jdm, or swap to a manual if you have the knowledge.

Old-MummyHead.jpg

Figured I would use the search feature and find a thread that was talking about the same issue I was having instead of creating a new one.

Back on topic : Well thats a shame, if I take it easy it works fine, its just when I start honking on it (which I really like to do). *Sigh*. I unfortunately do not have the knowledge to actually switch it myself, from what I hear its a 1000 - 2000$ job. Will any honda tranny fit my car? I currently have a 90 honda accord sitting in the driveway with a perfectly good tranny in it. Would it be worth it brining it to the dealer and see what they say about it, or is that just a waste of time/money? Any info would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in putting a manual transmission in my 1994 Exr to replace the ailing automatic tranny. Can you provide me with an outline of the procedure you used, or directions to where I might obtain the like. Thanks.

Archived