Trans problem

sohcVTEC-E

Okay, I put 2 quarts of GM synchromesh in like SolLes and SSR suggested. It helped a lot, I feel like I'm shifting through butter. However, the first-second synchro is REALLY loud now and when I take my foot off clutch in neutral the input shaft spins a lot louder too. When I had the Honda MTF in there it was barely audible... There is also sometimes a clunking sound when my foot is off the clutch in neutral. Yesterday I was scared of these noises so I put like another half of a quart in. Whats going on? Should I drain the extra out and just get used to the noises or is something else going on?

well since the cars not a GM i have no clue why youd have that in there nor do i understand why someone would recommend it. take that crap out and put either hondas MTF in it(best) , or 10W30 motor oil in it. now. do you need someone to tell you that when it was quiet before and since putting it in its not , that thats a bad thing?

Ok, sorry. cranny, STFU. I build engines and transmissions for a living. GMSM works wonders.

gunit, the clunking noise is your input shaft bearing, it is going bad. Don't drive hard on it. If it explodes, kiss your transmission goodbye.

f*ck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well I guess its a good thing I'm getting a new trans from you soon. Lol. About that: sorry I have yet to send you a down payment. Some flake-o is taking forever to pay me for some crap I sold him on Ebay. Once he gives me the money, 50 bucks is headed your way.

hilarious. i build engines and trannies too goofy(repair mostly or change) , since you were in diapers. and if the man says it started makin noise after he put it in , well i guess its the bomb sorry my bad.

power to yas and no offense meant. just why fix it if it aint broken. the tranny is designed to run a certain kind of fluid , why stray from it when it does nothing for you is all im sayin. maybe his car had a bearing on the edge of wearing out. and maybe that fluid pushed it over the edge cause it does not work as well as what the car was designed for. i tell ya another reason i wouldnt use it , and this is personal with GM , GM makes garbage quality cars period. from cavaliers to cobalts to corvettes. all junk in my eyes. ive seen countless number of chevs over the last 15 years pack it in way before thier time. i drove a brand new Z06 not 2 weeks ago with 5 miles on it , clunky shifting , tight cockpit , deathtrap. my point being is they make second rate vehicles. so would i use any product GM has designed or manufactured? thats a big negative. hmm what would i do if i were GM , well first off i wouldnt make 18 diffferent cars and put the SAME DAM MOTOR IN EVERY ONE!! good thing for a 350 small block or theyd a gone outa business in the 70's.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine did the same in my 91 hatch. i opened it up and saw that the main shaft bearing were chewed to crap. i replaced them along with the main shaft seals and axle seals and it is like a new tranny now.

so it might be the MAIN SHAFT BEARINGS there are two.

Archived