Myspace

sohcVTEC-E

Myspace  

18 members have voted

1. 1. You got a Myspace? Post your name. I want some more friends.

• Yes
    • No

f*cking gross.

dude, taking back sunday is awesome. i dont know what the hell your talking about. they havent sold out at all, this is the first time ive seen them on tv since their new album has dropped.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
f*cking gross.

dude, taking back sunday is awesome. i dont know what the hell your talking about. they havent sold out at all, this is the first time ive seen them on tv since their new album has dropped.

They've been on TV before as far as video play goes. Fuse used to play You're So Last Summer and Cute Without the "E", as well as the occasional Great Romances of the 20th Century or Timberwolves at New Jersey.

The band will be on Fuse doing an interview with Steven of the Untitled Rock Show from The Bamboozle one of these days. I can't wait to see it. I was hoping to see Adam wandering around at the show, or for a signing, but we managed to get signed CD's that were pre-signed, and the only member I saw wandering the grounds was Eddie Reyes (my ticket is signed by him).

On a side, kind of related note, You're So Last Summer contains a certain line that has been quoted time and time again long before "Louder Now" was even a thought.

selling out doesn't mean making appearences on tv or the radio. they are a completely different band now then when they first started. When they first started with Tell All Your Friends, the songs could actually be taken seriously and I did enjoy them quite a bit. I bought the new cd and just started laughing. The songs are soooo lame. From about 20 seconds into #1 (Set Phasers to Sun) it all goes down hill from there, when the back-up vocalist comes in with a pathetic half-scream/whine that sounds like he's choking on something....that's just not good music people.

"Everything I said was nothing short of a big mistake" is what he says by the way.

Seriously, there is much better bands out there in that genre of music than Taking Back Sunday.

Chiodos, Saosin, Thursday, Circa Survive, Silverstein, Name Taken, Finch, Emery, (new) Underoath, Further Seems Forever all OWN TBS....i could go on and on. Go listen to those bands i listed and i assure you, that in the end, you'll agree.

solLes: Thrice is one of the most talented bands out there. Yes, every album is different, but each album has a musical brilliance that is tremendously original....that's why i love them... :wub:

90, you cant compare half those bands to taking back sunday. underoath and silverstein are a totally different type of music ( i love them though, they are 2 of my favorite bands).

ill agree, there old stuff is better. but i still like there new album.

mrchurch - nah, no mustang forums for me.

selling out doesn't mean making appearences on tv or the radio. they are a completely different band now then when they first started. When they first started with Tell All Your Friends, the songs could actually be taken seriously and I did enjoy them quite a bit. I bought the new cd and just started laughing. The songs are soooo lame. From about 20 seconds into #1 (Set Phasers to Sun) it all goes down hill from there, when the back-up vocalist comes in with a pathetic half-scream/whine that sounds like he's choking on something....that's just not good music people.

"Everything I said was nothing short of a big mistake" is what he says by the way.

Seriously, there is much better bands out there in that genre of music than Taking Back Sunday.

Chiodos, Saosin, Thursday, Circa Survive, Silverstein, Name Taken, Finch, Emery, (new) Underoath, Further Seems Forever all OWN TBS....i could go on and on. Go listen to those bands i listed and i assure you, that in the end, you'll agree.

solLes: Thrice is one of the most talented bands out there. Yes, every album is different, but each album has a musical brilliance that is tremendously original....that's why i love them... :wub:

"Where You Want to Be" is NOT the new TBS album. When WYWTB was released, the band had only been together about 6 months with the "new" line-up (after nolan and cooper left the band). I wasn't too sure of some of WYWTB when it was released, but the more I listened to it, the more I loved it. "Louder Now" is the newest album (released a couple of weeks ago), and as soon as the vocals hit, you can tell that the any awkwardness that was there between the members in WYWTB is gone.

Most people calling "selling out" when a band makes it to the mainstream. I consider it to be when a band changes their sound practically overnight and then hits the mainstream because of the new sound. TBS doesn't fall into either of those categories. Sure, they have a different line-up than they had when they had with the first album, but a lot of bands suffer the loss of members, and so what, life goes on.

I listen to Thursday, the old Finch, and Further Seems Forever. Silverstein, I can't get into. Underoath, I saw at The Bamboozle also, and I really cannot get into them. Finch, I really don't know what happened to those guys. They used to be so good, then I found out they were opening for HIM at the show we went to last November. I was excited, until I went to their web site and heard clips from the newest album. Wow. The only older song that they played at the show was "What It Is to Burn", and they managed to make it sound nothing like the actual song. Had I not known it was them playing, I would have asked myself who the horrible band was that was playing an awful rendition of a Finch song.

Archived