vtec or non vtec who actually knows ??????

scottishguy

all right people i have searched these forums but the answers are diffrent from topic to topic ! is a f22b5 engine vtec or not ? it is a single cam . oh yeah most topics say f22a1 f22b1 but my engine code on my vin plate says f22b5 whats the difference between f22b1 and f22b5 ?

not sure bud to be quite honest F22B5 is not on my engine code list. dont look at the vin plate look under your hood on the engine block where trans meets engine and see what it says there. just to be sure. what year car is this?

not sure bud to be quite honest F22B5 is not on my engine code list. dont look at the vin plate look under your hood on the engine block where trans meets engine and see what it says there. just to be sure. what year car is this?

ill just go and have a look the now . if you are in the states then im here in the uk thats meybe why its not on your list . its a 1994 2.2 16v in the uk its a es model that was the top of the line model over here at the time es stood for exectutive specification i think . back in a moment

yeah its hard stamped f22b5 definatley mate

gee im not sure bud , new one to me. check and see if it has a VTEC solenoid on the distributor end backside of head. heres a pic of not your engine but what a vtec solenoid looks like. its bolted to the end of the camshaft on frontside of valve cover. if you can find one of them on your head than its a VTEC engine hows that.img03355jb.th.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hey guys, I'm pretty sure the F22B5 is non-vtec. It's SOHC 16V for 94-97. If you have a coupe the engine options were the f22b5 or the f20b3, which were both non-vtec. The vtec coupe for 94-98 was f22b1. It was also SOHC 16V.

Sorry I couldn't find an english website with the info for the life of me. But I'm really curious now so I checked on a couple other forums and I basically got the same answer as I gave earlier. A CD7 Accord has F22B5 2156ccm SOHC 16V non-VTEC 150bhp@5600RPM 198Nm@4500RPM '94-'97 EDM. And the F22B1 was SOHC VTEC for 94-97 Accord EX. The one site I found didn't list the F22B5 but it did help a bit. I hope this helps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_F_engine

Archived