tranny sound

drc228

a loose clutch? jesus are you kidding? have you ever had a clutch apart? obviously not cause clutches dont get "loose". not even giving you crap man but if your not sure than dont answer cause to us that do know , you sound silly man. ive never heard a clutch grind. it doesnt happen. hes not even really giving all the symptoms either. if its grinding it can only be bearings. be it main shaft bearings , countershaft bearings , diff bearings(most exspensive ones so you know), needle bearings(which there are like 10 so, but i doubt its any of these unless tran was abused) , pilot bearing or throw bearing. thats it. all that can grind. oil guide plates are known for wearing and breaking as well , and it causes bearings to wear out eventually.

well it doesnt grind all the time. sometimes when im drivin it does it.. and i can feel a slight vibration in the gas pedal too... its annoying cuz i dont know what it is so i cant get it fixed.

does it slip dude? if you floor the car does it rev and not go anywheres fast? if your sitting in neutral with car running and clutch out does it grind than? can you hear a huge diff when clutch is in and out in same situation?

sounds like its working fine to me dude check fluid and drive it.

well ima have to take it to get the fluid looked at and changed cuz i have a manual tranny. but i appreciate the help.thanks guys.

Archived