Amp Install Question...

hondohonda

I have yet to install my system and I got an 01 accord ex, but in my camry the guy had it go through the firewall, and underneath the plastic of the floor on the driver side. What amp and sub(s) you putting in? Oh yeah, and dont forget to do the Big 3 cos I doubt your alternator would have enough amps to keep the system running efficiently (this mainly applies if you have a powerful amp and subs.

run the power wire wherever is easiest to get it through the firewall dude. and take kick panels off passenger side and drivers side. and jam covers off both sides. and run your power wire and remote wire down one side of the car , rca's down other side. if you cant find a hole anywheres , than look for a big rubber grommet that already has a wiring harness running through it and drive a long screwdriver through it and find it on the inside and feed it through. be sure to use 4g power wire and ground.

run the power wire wherever is easiest to get it through the firewall dude. and take kick panels off passenger side and drivers side. and jam covers off both sides. and run your power wire and remote wire down one side of the car , rca's down other side. if you cant find a hole anywheres , than look for a big rubber grommet that already has a wiring harness running through it and drive a long screwdriver through it and find it on the inside and feed it through. be sure to use 4g power wire and ground.

good info, cranny. like he said, just make sure you run the power wire and remote wire on the opposite side of the rca wires, because if you dont you'll have static. pretty much every place i've ever seen and including myself install the power wire down the left side of the car (drivers side) because there is most likely a hole through the firewall on that side to run your power wire through. its really simple. just pull, everything snaps out of place, and that goes for any car.

not sure with your car, but i used a LOC because i was using the stock head and it doesnt have rca connections on the back, so you will most likely need one because im sure the stock head doesnt have the rca connections in the back.

its called a line level adaptor. it turns speaker wires into rca's. or some turn speaker wire into speaker wire but provide a crossover. if using stock head unit make sure your amp has a corssover built into it or your line level adaptor(most likely will). set your gain to half and your crossover you want set at 50-60hz. turn music on and adjust bass with the deck how it sounds good and turn it up loud . than go back and turn up gain slowly till you like how it sounds. i highly recommend an aftermarket deck with subout.

• 4 months later...
good info, cranny. like he said, just make sure you run the power wire and remote wire on the opposite side of the rca wires, because if you dont you'll have static. pretty much every place i've ever seen and including myself install the power wire down the left side of the car (drivers side) because there is most likely a hole through the firewall on that side to run your power wire through. its really simple. just pull, everything snaps out of place, and that goes for any car.

not sure with your car, but i used a LOC because i was using the stock head and it doesnt have rca connections on the back, so you will most likely need one because im sure the stock head doesnt have the rca connections in the back.

Not necessariliy, although I would too recommend running the RCA's on a seperate side. You can still get alternator whine even if you run the power wire on one side and the RCA on the other. In my previous setup I had all my wires on the same side and had no problem. Make sure to use good quality RCA cables. Also make sure your ground for the amp has a good connection. Dont take it to best buy or circuit city, they are not allowed to do it the proper way since it involves scraping the paint off. You want to make sure you scrape the paint off so you are bolting the ground to complete metal for a better ground.

As for where to run the power wire I was taking a look at that earlier today. Being that the battery is on the right side of the vehicle and the firewall is on the left it kinda sucks, but its only about 5 ft of extra power wire. Just have it go through the firewall and run it under the plastic trim on the driver's to where your amp is located.

Archived