Car doesnt sit right lowered...

cb74life

ok i have a problem....

i got this 1990 accord ex about a month ago. It was already lowered and it was a good deal for the car so i got it anyways...im not usually one to buy a car thats already lowered for this reason. at first glance it looks good, but after i got to looking the car just doesnt sit evenly. it sits lower in the rear and higher on the right. now this would be a simple fix but.....it was lowered with lowering springs DZ if i do recall. i need to figure out why it is doing this and how can i fix this....before i forget.. the lean to the rear could be due to the fact the the front shocks are new and the rear are old. if someone could help me with a fix or if i chould just go buy some stock shocks and springs and call it a day i would rather it stay lowered but help me if you can i can get any additional ifo you might need....

thank you

in the front it's usually lower on one side because the tranny is on that side.

in the back, your struts might be blown if it's that noticeable...

youl be hard pressed to find a honda strut that has worn out. pretty rare. but it is normal for it to sit like that givin the fact they sit like that factory(not all). you can shim the rear with rubber in between the strut tower and spring but too much is bad. the top of spring is flat and bottom coils to the very end. where the bottom sits in its holder you can twist the spring so the very end of the bottom of the coil does not sit in its holder properly. (the bottom of the strut has the ridge that sticks out 3/4 of an inch from the strut that the spring sits on. it coils and has a flat edge(stopper) that keeps coil from twsting). to make this simple your makin a new stopper. weld a peice of 3/16 of an inch steel whatever the gap your trying to fill to make it even with the front. makes spring sit higher on strut. i imagine like an inch would do ya perfect.

lol@itr girl. not hard to tell when people got money eh , replace it all , lol. atta fire girl. replacing struts wont do anything as they dont even hold the weight of the car. new springs he could get yes.

its a 1990, he has to replace the struts sooner or later and coils do wear in time, you know? not everyone does half ass jobs like you cran-dog.

i think my front kyb struts are blown b/c when off the car i can compress them easily all the way down...i wouldn't doubt if his struts were blown cranny.

my car sits lower in rear as well , its an 01. im not sayin its not the struts but they tend to last a hella long time. if there not leaking there good. and like i said before , your spring holds all the weight of the car , not your strut. your strut is for when your driving down the road and hit bumps and the spring starts a bouncing , the strut takes out the boing. know what im sayin. but it could be his struts for sure. and you dont know me , and i dont do half ass jobs. you got a welder you can make almost anything.

Archived