'93 Accord intermitant no-start

highondiesel85

My car has recently developed this problem. It has done it a few times about 3-4 months ago but those times it would start after about 30 seconds. The other day I tried repeatedly to start the car for about 10 minutes, letting the starter cool down between tries, but it would not start. While switched on and also while cranking the D4 light was blinking constantly I guess saying that a code has been set? I looked around the passenger kick panel for the service plug to jump it over but didn't find it, maybe I didn't look hard enough because I had to leave. But anyway, I got back home tonight and it started up without a problem. I am guessing it could be a relay or the fuel pump going bad, I'm not sure. Any help is greatly appreciated!

My car is in my profile btw, but it's a 93 Accord 10th Anniversary auto 190,000 miles. If anybody has any idea about this problem or exactly where that service connector is I would really appreciate it! Thanks

Just to update: I took the main relay out and resoldered about half of the terminals on it so hopefully it will work fine now. I also relocated it to a lower position for better access if I ever need to replace it.

Archived