'92 Automatic transmission problem...

raythetse

For the most part the car seems fine, but if i try to push it at all the car will not gear up until I ease off the gas. If I put the pedal down in 4th gear, the car seems like it may be gearing down 2 levels as it revs up but does not give any power.

From a stand still, if I floor it, it goes like it should, but will not shift into second until I ease way the gas. Basically if I give it a lot of gas, it has trouble shifting, probably has trouble sensing a need to shift.

The other symptom is I can't seem to get it too much above about 115 kph on level highway. I've never had a chance to max it out before but I've had it up to over 190 kph so obvious there is some serious lack of power there. Can anyone help with a diagnosis? Thank you!

• 3 months later...
For the most part the car seems fine, but if i try to push it at all the car will not gear up until I ease off the gas. If I put the pedal down in 4th gear, the car seems like it may be gearing down 2 levels as it revs up but does not give any power.

From a stand still, if I floor it, it goes like it should, but will not shift into second until I ease way the gas. Basically if I give it a lot of gas, it has trouble shifting, probably has trouble sensing a need to shift.

The other symptom is I can't seem to get it too much above about 115 kph on level highway. I've never had a chance to max it out before but I've had it up to over 190 kph so obvious there is some serious lack of power there. Can anyone help with a diagnosis? Thank you!

You have left this question way to open there can be way to many answers to your question. Give more detail? Is it an engine problem, does the engine seem to run allright?

Archived