03 rear brakes

03accord

My girlfriend has an 03 LX and the rear drum brakes make a grinding noise about every 2,000 miles. At first it was really bad and took it to the dealer. They said that the shoes were out of aligment, which I thought shoes were self adjusting. Now after going back to the dealer twice for the same problem she finally got the drums re-surfaced becuase they were burned. I'm a little pissed because the dealer said nothing about the drums being burned the first time. Well 2,000 miles later they're making noise again. Has anyone had similar issues? Thanks! :mad:

Does your girlfriend drive with two feet (lots of people do)?. She could be riding the brakes just a little, thats all it would take to "burn" the drums. Also driving with the E-brake on would do it.

Yes drum brakes are self adjusting. Never heard of them being mis aligned.. if there not were there supposed to be the drum wont (shouldnt) fit.

Has there been any prior work done to the rear brakes? Maybe someone put the wrong parts on? or the springs on the wrong way...

Mine has disc (drum in hat) brakes in the rear so I have not had this problem.

Good Luck :)

oh.. and for the record an '01 is not the same as a '03. '98-'02 different body style.

Archived