cleaning AEM cold air filter for 93 accord

nsauro

Hey everyone. I recently purchased and installed a AEM cold air intake for my 93 accord. I'm curious to how ppl go about changing/cleaning the filter? I'm new to this, so I thought someone could hopefully give me some pointers on the easiest way to do this.

I tried to remove the whole unit, but i'm having trouble doing that, and then i jacked the car up, and tried to get at the filter from underneath. However, its blocked behind the covers, and I din't feel like removing them. I guess i might have to, but i was wondering if there was an easier way.

Thanks in advance :-)

its not that simple. your always supposed to rinse or wet your filter from the inside out. your not supposed to run your filter under water on the outside of the filter element.

How often:

Service your AEM filter element with AEM's Filter Cleaning System at least every 50,000 miles or 30 months to maintain optimum performance. We recommend that AEM filter elements be serviced every 25,000 miles or 15 months on off-road and high-performance street applications. If you live in a region with extremely fine dust (arid or desert climates for example, follow the recommended schedule for off-road and high-performance vehicles. Always inspect your filter element whenever you change your oil.

AEM makes a cleaning kit, it retails for about $10.

AEM Filter Cleaning Solution and Filter Oil are environmentally friendly and were designed specifically for AEM filter elements. To ensure optimum performance and filtering capabilities be sure to use ONLY the AEM Filter Cleaning System. Use of other brands are not recommended and may void your warranty.

I think the easiest way to get at it is by removing or at least opening up the panel underneath the car. It's kinda pain to have to do it, but it's just a few screws I think. I think it will be a lot easier than trying to remove the entire intake.

Archived