2007 Honda Fit iPod options

The Honda Music Link sucks. Anyone have any ideas about best connection of iPod in a Fit? I have a Griffin FM tuner. Is there some better way?

Please let me know @ bbrier@austin.rr.com.

Thanx ahead of time!

BB

Yah, I just received my Honda Fit and now I truly regret not getting the Scion xA. The reason? The Honda way now seems to be stiff-arming people who want to personalize their vehicles. I'm picturing returning the car tomorrow, as I'm still within the 3-day return period for my state.

You cant even put you own friggin iPod playlist in the thing, I've just found out it doesn't do a hill of beans except frustrate the user.... which is against all that the iPod and Apple interface stands for! Sheesh, Apple needs to back out of this agreement until the knots are ironed out.

As for the question itself, there is the Harman Kardon Drive + Play, you can get it at Crutchfield. It costs less than the dead weight Honda Music Link. Whoever created it must have been a Windows user. I'm not dissin' Windows... I simply know that if a Mac designer were asked to make it work, it would work without all this hassle. It's got to be a software or firmware screw-up, and I hope it gets fixed, for Honda's sake. If they don't address the serious issue, how long will it be before people simply stop buying the gear... or even consider a class action suit?

I'm about to post some info in some review sections to warn people before they plunk down money for the kit and money for the installation. This is wrong, and Honda must rectify the situation ASAP.

Those affected by this should write Honda ASAP as well, only the collective voice will be heard in this day and age.

you could get an aftermarket cd player. I just got an Alpine CDA-9856, and you can get a cable that plugs directly into the cd player and you control everything on the cd player. its very nice.

you could get an aftermarket cd player. I just got an Alpine CDA-9856, and you can get a cable that plugs directly into the cd player and you control everything on the cd player. its very nice.

Yeah, I have an Apline as well with the iPod hookup. Less than $300, but for a new car that comes with a CD player and an iPod link, you really shouldn't have to go with another system.

Archived