ABS dash light and wierd noises

This is Serious!

I have a 94 Accord EX sedan which has ABS, currently at 171k miles. I have noticed that right after I start my car and when applying pressure to the brake pedal, I hear a humming sound coming from the front of the vehicle, which tends to be lounder as I apply more pressure to the brakes, then disappears completely if I release the brakes. As soon as I start driving, the ABS dash light will come on, and the noise I hear coming from the front of the car when using the brakes immediately goes away. This issue I have is pretty consistent and has been happening for a couple of months now I suppose. Recent brake-related work includes new rear pads, new master cylinder, and a flush of the brake fluids.

I mention a new master cylinder fairly recently; the pedal always seems to be a tad softer than what I would expect (ABS light), although I admit it is not as soft as before I got it replaced. Just my 2 cents.

I have no problems using the brakes in their current state but it is of concern to me especially during rainy weather. Suggestions or questions are most welcome.

Thank you.

hey i have a 95 accord EX and i bought it as a second owner and when i got it the ABS light would come on and it made a humming noise like the one your probably hearing..i took it to a mechanic and i guess there are 2 parts of the ABS system a cheaper one and a more expensive..i had the cheaper one replaced and then when it still made the same noise the guy told me that its just the sound of the pump and its just recharging itself when you turn the car on so dont worry about your brakes unless they feel like they aren't working as good because i paid almost $500 for a part i didn't need and for someone to tell me its supose to make that sound

hey i have a 95 accord EX and i bought it as a second owner and when i got it the ABS light would come on and it made a humming noise like the one your probably hearing..i took it to a mechanic and i guess there are 2 parts of the ABS system a cheaper one and a more expensive..i had the cheaper one replaced and then when it still made the same noise the guy told me that its just the sound of the pump and its just recharging itself when you turn the car on so dont worry about your brakes unless they feel like they aren't working as good because i paid almost $500 for a part i didn't need and for someone to tell me its supose to make that sound

I've had a couple of other folks tell me that in the past; guess I won't worry about it in the short-term. Thanks for your input!

Archived