Problems (Surprise!)

sohcVTEC-E

Well. Last night I was driving home from our hang out spot and I came to a red light and I down shifted as I always do to slow down. When I hit first I didn't let the clutch out and it seemed like the clutch was grabbing ever so slightly beacuse the car was jerkish (clutch was fully disengaged mind you or pedal was fully to the ground) Any ideas? I thought maybe I need to bleed the hydraulic fluid maybe? Another thing. My engine doesn't like the P28. When I put it on I drew a CEL and it idled at about 200 RPM. When I got on it though it was sweet as f*ck. I think I need to play with my timing a little bit. I don't know... school me guys.

Okay guys, pulled the codes this morning and got primary o2 sensor heater. It's because my secondary o2 sensor isn't threaded into the hole... lol. The wires aren't long enough to reach the hole. I will extend the wires when I get a chance. Thanks for all your non help on the ECU guys. But thanks Dan for your help!

lol@non help. thats good one. where does your clutch grab when letting it out(contact point)? it should be approx halfway. cant go wrong with hydro really as far as adjustment goes (up until i met B16B anyways , hahaha). does your clutch slip at all under full throttle?

sounds like its ok to me. you shouldnt be downshifting into 1st anyways. dont put it in 1st till your stopped. not good for them , and no need really.

That's a good point, cranny. Haven't you ever noticed the ungood noise your transmission makes when you put it in first whilst thou art still in motion? Basically, first gear is only there for moving from dead stops if you ask me. If you're moving at all, only downshift down to second.

Edit: Why don't you just throw it into neutral or hold in the clutch (or both) for slowing down to stop for a red light?

Archived