2004 Accord Trany Leak

cemorris

It is an ex 4 cylinder with automatic tranny and 75,000 miles. I beleive it is leaking from the driver side axle seal. I replaced the seal about a month ago, but it seems it is still leaking. I went under it this morning to try and determine if I mis-diagnosed the leak. I am 75% sure it is still coming from the axle seal. There is a lot of oil built up around the point where the shift cable enters the tranny. I am fairly confident that it is oil that has just dripped down from the axle seal however. My question is that is it possible I got a defective new seal? I was pretty carfull when re-installing the axle. Could it be the axle it self? Just looking for opinons on what I should do next. Any thoughts? Could I have messed up the repair and need to do it again?

does the axle snap in? if it doesnt click than somin else is wrong. is it tight to trans? i doubt you have a bad new seal , id bank more on mis-installation.

Archived