Problem with 91 Accord w/h22 swap

H22Girl

Hey, I'm new to the forums!

About a year ago I swapped an H22a motor into my 1991 Honda Accord EX. I am experiencing a few problems and i have no idea what is causing them.

First problem is that i have a super low idle...almost to the point of stalling the car

Second problem i've noticed is that it will go from 1st-2nd and 2nd-3rd just fine but as soon as it hits 3rd gear, it wants to jump into 4th right away......i've also noticed that while i'm driving, sometimes it wants to hesitate going into gear and then all of a sudden the revs will jump alittle and it'll change gears.

At first it was doing this and i noticed that the throttle cable was loose..so i fixed that and it temporarily fixed the problem but now its doing it again....Someone please help! I have no idea what it could be

Another quick question. When we did the motor swap, the power steering pump doesn't match up between the stock motor and h22a.....anyone know what i have to do to hook up the power steering again?

for power steering , brackets off an H22 , pump that was in your accord before you started. and whatever you need , washers and such to make pulleys align properly.

as far as the engine swap goes , i need more info , like what ECU , what was done exactly. what wiring changes , so on.

For Your Idle Proble Troubleshoot Your Timing......Check The Ecu For Codes..... Also might Sound Like A Problem With The Throttle Cable Not Positioned Right .....Turn The Car On Play With The Throttle Cable Position....... try that let me know ... Pull Codes From The Ecu ...... h22a or h22a4 auto or 5 speed for the tranny problem

check for codes 19, auto tranny lockup control valve ,30 autotranny A signal ,31 autotranny B signal

For THe Power Steering If THat Does Work THat Dude Said Above Try Late Model Prelude Bracet and Line And Fab It You Can Cut The Accord power seering line in half at the metal part then do the same with the prelude line connect the together with a silcon hose and some clamps that are laying around

yeah go ahead use a rubber hose with clamps on the main line , lol , your gonna leave a huge puddle next time you hit high revs. what you can do though , is same as he says , only join the steel line to the steel line with a compression fitting. than youl have somin. rubber lines on power steering feed line , lol , your funny dude.

i just shared a few lines out of a honda swap book never said i know it works i have never ran into a power steering line problem ......... plus if you read closer youll see i never suggested rubber i said silcone yeah it would aventully bust but go to a place that makes hydrolic lines and get them to make you one its cheaper that way and by the way nice ride cranny -_-

• 3 weeks later...

Archived