Trans Woes, ATX, rebuild ques.

MyMomsAccord

Hey whats up

This is my first time on this forum. My moms got a 2000 honda accord EX auto 4cyl. I was just about to drop the trans out of it and take it to a shop to get it rebuilt, but then I started wondering if it was possible to rebuild it myself. Does that require special tools, I'm an experienced mechanic, but I've never rebuilt a trans. How much do these kits run usually and where could I get em? If its not rebuildable at home, how much does it usually run to get one rebuilt? Also, any advice on dropping the tranny would be appreciated, never done it on her car before.

Mick

whats symptoms? depending on whats wrong with it , if your mechanically inclined and have the tools yes you could. download the pdf manual for your moms car( about the hardest one to find from my experience i still havent found it).

Anyways Um Dont Listen TO Him No If YOu Have No Experince With THe Tranny Dont Do IT ..... Call Up TO My Shop the Number is on the web site ask them to find you a tranny for that year and make .... unless its 5speed and the clutch is gone its a waste of time to even try to build rebuild or repair a tranny ..... you can get a complete Swap For The Price You Will Pay For A Rebuild !!!!!!!! Just Buy A Junk Yard Tranny If YOu Have No Luck Calling Projectautosalon.com

Yeah, don't listen to cranny. Take the advice of the new guy who doesn't know how to use punctuation and use proper sentence structure. If someone can't even use elementary grammar, I wouldn't trust them to rebuild my tranny. What happens if you have to read about torque specs and stuff.

Archived