Question: Adding amplifier to 2006 Accord EX

Is anyone familiar with the process of adding an amplifier to a 2006 Accord EX w/ XM (I want XM to still work)

Some questions:

1. Does the factory stereo have pre-amp outputs to hook up an amplifier via RCA cables?

2. If no to the first question, how would an amp be added to the factory head unit, and what are the pros/cons?

-Mike

its called a line level adaptor. has a crossover built into it too. there not that spensive either. it turns speaker wires , into RCA's if you follow me , lol.

PS. wont disturb Xm.

try to find the adaptors that you can adjust the amp level on though. i made the mistake of buying ones that didnt have an adjustment on them and i had to adjust it through the deck waaaay too much. plus the ones with adjustments on them sound better.

amp levels can be adjusted on the amp with the gain control and fine tuned with head unit. line level adaptor will only have one thing built into it , a crossover. a dial that will allow you to only send what frequencies you want to the speaker if you follow me.

Archived