97 Accord OverHeating Under Load

msav

OK I am not a dummy. Cooling problems are normally simple. Not this one.

The car only overheats under a load (uphill travel or start and stop traffic)

First of all Everything That is part of the cooling system had been replaced at least once. The following is a list of parts replaced.

radiator (twice) was not sure if the first was bad from parts house.

water pump (twice) 1st one was parts house brand 2nd was Honda part

Thermostat (three times) 1st failsafe, 2nd parts house 3rd Honda part)

All hoses (bottom radiator hose twice)

Temp sending unit

Radiator Cap (3 times)

And you can count the number of times coolant was replaced by the number of times the above was done.

Also verified Fans are working properly, and that all sensors are working properly by running a scan tool while driving.

Engnie runs perfectly no loss of power no smoke in exhaust, ect. Timing belt was replace 6 months ago and with the last water pump, verified correct timing marks the last time to make sure was not off a tooth.

No coolant is ever lost . Even tried using pure water with water wetter.

Compression test numbers on the cylinders were 180 psi +or - 3psi between all cylinders

What Am I MISSING!!!!!

have u considered looking into the engine block? u may have changed all pertinent water system parts but if your block is somewhat clogged, this "may" be ur issue. just a thought.

another thought too is vehicle weight. get rid of unnecessary items in ur vehicle and trunk. like the engine, get rid of that. u don't need it. ha!

good luck and let us know the outcome.

I thought of that but for the life of me I cannot fathom what could be clogging the block. there is good flow coming into the radiator when the t-stat opens (i have left the cap off the radiator and watched it. There is no sign of corosion anywhere in the visible cooling system. The coolant has been replaced about 10 times since all of this began 2 months ago. you would think I would get some debris out through the many drains and refills.

you sure your timing is not off a bit? did you ever have a timing light on it? what type of plugs are in it and when were they last changed? gapped properly? do you ever notice your coolant hoses under pressure when engine is running and hot? like coolant is under pressure(sign of a clog). do you always have your A/C on when this happens?

Timing is 17 degrees .. (withing normal range) Hoses have pressure when up to temp but yeild to squeezing. (not bulging) I have overheating with the ac on and with the ac off it does not matter. Last week I spent about an hour picking rocks out of my condenser. I decided to buy a new one after picking them out. I still have not installed it. I do not think it has anything to do with the problem.

man thats fuked , hahaha. i dont know dude , your car is heat haunted , ahaha. good luck though , i hate giving up but. only other thing i can think of is maybe a gasket gone somewhere , but which one i couldnt tell you. any other changes to the car from its stock form? any

Archived