Do your chain hang low?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's sweet. you might not even need the ball joint separater. i got mine at autozone for like $10 though. post some pics of everything too. good luck buddy

oh yea, i love how you got it sitting on a skateboard lol

what kind of flywheel did you get?

Don't use a pickle fork. Thats how you destory abll joints.

Yeah but I don't want to destroy my ratchet... I'll try rigging a jack stand on the steering knuckle somehow and then I'll lower the car on it...

Edit- I do not remember PMing you last night SolLes lol. I was crapfaced.

Quicky update. Started working on trans at 5. Got the old one out by 6, new one in by 8 (after a pizza break). Lost the starter bolts and one clutch slave cylinder bolts. Put suspension back together (f*ck that took a while... Half shafts did not want to go in diff) done by like 9ish. Ran out of daylight. Need to find starter bolts tomorrow morning. Will probably just run with one clutch slave cylinder bolt. Also need to hook exhaust/intake back up and fill her up with trans fluid. Clutch engages and disengages nicely... that is all I guess. I also have three big bolts left over. I am going to try and figure that one out tomorrow morning too. I also lost the pin for the shift linkage. effed in the a if i don't find that...

sh!t, you lost a lot.

hope you find it yo

Should all be in my lawn somewhere. As I said I just ran out of daylight to find all the odds and ends. Everything will be okay tomorrow, I am confident of that cuz everything just seemed to work out today with the trans. :)

You don't need a new clutch.

Don't force it into gear. That is how you bend a shift fork and have to pay to get it rebuilt.

Lol I know we talked about this... I didn't really force it into gear. It needed some persuasion though. My clutch disc looks like it doesn't have much life left......

I don't need to dish money out for this one lol. My friend is dropping the trans and re aligning the clutch for free.

Archived