Foggy headlights.

sohcVTEC-E

Every 96-00 Civic I have ever seen has them.

Most likely the seal around it is old, and is slowly letting in moisture. When you wash your car, is there any moisture or condensation in there? If so, then you need to reseal your headlight.

you can use a claybar on your headlights. there are also plastic cleaners by meguiars for that too. you can find these things in wal-mart and auto parts places. also the next time you wash your car, try putting wax on your headlights too. that also helps keep bugs and oxidation from building up.

Went to my local auto parts store to get some new taillights and found a kit to take the fog out of headlights (how ironic!) I bought it and wet sanded the headlights and put this plastic cleaning compound on them. They look like new.

P1010018.jpg

P1010017-1.jpg

The sun was reflecting on this one, It looks a lot better in person.

No offense but clay bar will not help with removing yellowing out of headlights. I've fixed this problem dozens of times and tried about everything. The only thing that will remove it is wetsanding with steel wool or fine sandpaper and then buffing out the scratches. Clay Bar removes surface contaminants but the yellowing is a change in the actual surface, not a contaminant.

Exactly. Glad you agree. Clay will clean the headlights substantially but won't remove the yellowing from a lot of headlights. I never said that clay wouldn't make them clearer. It's not designed to remove surface but to remove contaminants from the surface.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Went to my local auto parts store to get some new taillights and found a kit to take the fog out of headlights (how ironic!) I bought it and wet sanded the headlights and put this plastic cleaning compound on them. They look like new.

P1010018.jpg

P1010017-1.jpg

The sun was reflecting on this one, It looks a lot better in person.

what was the name of the product you used to clean ur headlights?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived