2000 Original Stereo, Possible to add subwoofer

tony2000

circuit city has good deals on head units. i bought a 50X4W pioneer CD player head unit with other features in it for $150 and i am very happy with it. i also hooked up a 2ch 1000w pioneer amp, 10" JBL 1000w sub, and pioneer 300w 6X9 rear, 220w 6 1/2 front.

my system isn't thumping thuggishly but i can assure you it knocks to my satisfaction.

good luck and let us know your outcome.

Yeah you can do it running high pass on your amp or if your amp doesn't have that then you can buy a thing that converts it for about $20. I think walmart even carries them. I've thought about doing that with my car because I like the clean look of the stock head unit over the look of an aftermarket CD player.

Also did this on my dad's S2000 with 1 10" in the trunk with the amp tied into his factory CD player. It worked great and actually sounds really good.

I totally agree with you, man. Why are all aftermarket CD players for cars obnoxious looking? I mean, I'm speaking in ignorance here, since I haven't gone on an extensive search, but all the ones I've seen look hideous. I tend to cover mine up with the little flap in the del sol as often as possible because of this, but when I upgrade my CD player I'm deffo looking for one that's clean. Less is more.

i think its called an inline high pass converter or something like that. only like 15 20 bux getcha one and it converts your normal speaker wire from behind your deck to RCA outputs. ive installes a crap load of these things and they work really well.

as for aftermarket decks has anyone seen the JVC kameleon? its an older one but its completely black and flat with no visible buttons when off, and when on only a little strip of buttons flip out the bottom of the deck and the rest is LCD lighting, pretty cool deck if you like the clean simple look. also the kenwood hiding deck. when you turn it off everything folds in only to show a flat black piece of plastic that look as if you have a plastic fill cover where your deck should be. I had one of those but t got jacked :(

Archived