Question

Longblock: Motor, IM, Exhaust Mani, Injectors, Fuel Rail, Throttle Body, Alternator, Distributor, All sensors included.

Basically everything you'd need to swap the motor and bolt it up to your existing tranny, and ECU.

Sweet. Thanks man. Whats a short block then?

Shortblocks, to my understanding, are bare motors, including the block, cranshaft and pistons. They don't come with the head, manifolds, sensors, or accessories needed to install. Also, if the motor is a push-rod type motor, the cam(s) are normally included. But with overhead cam design, they wouldn't be. At least that's what I was always told.

That's what I've heard as well. My mom is getting me a new motor for my birthday/christmas. I'm debating what to get though. I want to go B18 and just get a B to D series transmission adapter plate so I can keep my bitching tranny. I may be ditching the D project guys :( I might go D16Z6 though since I already have a lot of bolt ons for the D.

Hey, Hondaswap, where you been, man?

I think it's interesting to go with the choice of a D series. Usually the argument between D and B comes down to initial expense (the D is cheaper and thus you can spend the money you save making it almost immediately better than the B, although the mods for a B series aren't much, if any, more expensive at all). Since this motor is free, I'm not sure I see the advantage of going D here at all. Someone explain this to me.

i been off the site for a while i was on a vaction actually visiting a friend building his car..... we got his mustang to 9.90's and now im starting my next caar i foudn a GSR i like lol......well the D16 motor for me was to prove that they can go 12.20's all motor no turbo or spray and i did he car went 12.26 if i remember rite.... would have to find te slip its been awhile... my next car i think will be 11 second gsr

Wow, just wow.

longblock = block with head

shortblock = block without head

Nothing to do with sensors, manifolds, etc.

5hp isn't anything compared to the torque you're losing with the D15.

Update fellas: Going with a Mini-me swap. I told my mom I wanted a Cyl head to keep costs down. I have a block and bottom end already lol. Getting a Z6 head. Check it: sorry for posting something from honda-tech.... What do you all think? Only thing I'm mildly concerned about is the cam. That will be replaced in due time. Will try to see if Zex will replace it or will more than likely go Rocket y0.

EDIT- I don't think it comes with a dizzy, can I use my Y5 dizzy on this head?

Archived