Manual Trans. Problem

zay386

My Trans for my 92' accord had no problems untill i replaced my right axle. It was a hassle getting it out and somewhat the same getting it in. there were no broked, cracked, or splits on the splines of the old axle. But when i got it in the car it was fine. Now the next day when i went to take my girl to work i was on the highway do about 70mph on cruise control when the car decides to slip out of 5th. so then i put it back in 5th with out cruise control and when i started to accelerate over 65mph it jumped out of 5th again. well eventually i realized i didn't have fifth anymore so i had no choice but to use 4th. well by the next day forth began to sound like i was driving a spaceship and by the third day i stopped driving the damn car because all u could here is my gears rattling and grinding. All i would like to know is could this have been caused by not properly installing my right axle?

Did you get it pushed in all the way? If not you might have lost all your tranny fluid and frackked something over.

yea after a little bit of problems i got my friend a master machanic to make sure it was all the way in and we felt be hind it to make sure there was no space to fit my fingers behind and there was no leaking.

Archived