Radio codes

jagalag

You have to call around to different dealerships,

but if you have the radio uninstalled, most places will look up the code for free..

Some of them make up BS like they have to hook it up to a computer or crap like that just to get money.... don't go there...

just remember to bring the car with you and also proof of ownership.

hope that helps

The previous owner should have given you the radio code. sometimes its on a plastic card, same shape as a credit card.

here are possible ways to get your code:

-look on the side of your glove box

-look under your coin tray

-look at your fuse box under your hood

-provide serial number of your radio and CALL in to ask for code

-provide vin number of car and CALL in to ask for code

Well, this car was off lease by the bank, and the bank won't give me the last owners info, besides, I'll check out your suggestions, and if they don't work, then I'll take the stereo to the Stealership, and get it from them. BTW, they don't look it up by VIN, they have to get it from the original serial # on the back of the stereo.

I just did this today.

There is a serial number in the glovebox. It should be on a sticker stuck on the right side(that's where it was in my car.)

After that, I simply called up Honda Customer Service(not the stealerships).

They asked me for

1. VIN Number

2. Name + Address

3. Serial Number

Two minutes later, after going through my glovebox I find a card with all the info on it. :dry:

Archived