Bye Bye Top mount

well, i doubt anyone really noticed, but i updated my sig just a bit.

Old setup:

Full Invidia Turboback exhaust

TMIC

Injen CAI

New Setup:

Invidia Catback sold, being replaced with Maddad Whisper Catback ( i know hung will be happy, this was that first video i orginally posted of the exhaust i wanted). hopefully they have it in stock, sucks that its 650 though. but ive been pulled over 3 times in the last 2 weeks for my exhaust and im getting annoyed so im switching to a quiet setup.

Top mount is being replaced with an APS DR725 FMIC stealth black.

Injen CAI is being replaced with an APS Short ram (my new fmic uses the hole my old injen went through, so i cant use it anymore).

heres a pic of the fmic on my friends sti ( i bought it off him since hes parting his car...hes a jackass for doing this)

img5121dl4.jpg

didnt realize this pic was so small. you get an idea though of how sick his car is. the fmic and new intake will be on this weekend.

13901065152.jpg

12916220965.jpg

12916180763.jpg

this is another guys setup on a forum im on. pretty much exactly what mine will look like.

ill be driving with the stock catback for a little while so i can get the rest of the money for the exhaust (sold my old one for 400).

the hit to the wallet: a brand new APS fmic is around 1300 brand new. im buying my friends fmic and intake for 850 (intake is like 150 or so brand new i think). too good to pass up. and perfect for my future rotated setup.

also added springs, cant get pics up because i lost the damn cord to my camera.

that is all.

That's awesome. I think the black FMIC will look even better in your white STI. I think it will be awesome with that stealth exhaust too. Can't wait to see pictures when you get it all in.

i knew you would love it. yeah, the black fmic looks incredible with the white. im excited.

yep, maddad whisper looks identical to my stock catback. maybe the cops will be off my d*ck now.

pics will be up this weekend. wont have the catback though till probably a week or two. these damn parts are killin my wallet.

airjordan - lol, i dunno man, well have to see.

90 - thanks man. whats up with ur damn swap btw?

swap....haha uh well the motor is in my shed along with everything else that i bought so far. i need to buy this, you're gonna be like wtf:

axles:$350

conversion harness:$270

P28 Tuned with Neptune to run an H22:$650

Intallation costs:$800-$1000

i might buy everything before December 5th (my b-day), then ask for the install for My Birthday/X-mas gift.

The guy who originally was gonna install it stood me up and took my shift cables (linkage) and flex pipe. I'm pissed off b/c i need those. what an ass.

well... I'm sad because I love the way the invidia exhaust sounds on an STi. but I think it's sweet at the same time. it will be low-key, quiet exhaust, stealth fmic, sweet car. I want an STi so bad.

show some bike pics.

thanks, but im not sure now if im getting the front mount. my friend is an indecisive ass. first hes parting it, then he isnt, then he is...but hopefully ill still get it. the exhaust is coming either way.

update:

well, my friend is a weiner and now he just decided that hes not even selling the car. (even though i said i didnt want him to, i wanted his F'n front mount).

so, the top mount stays.

taking off the exhaust tomorrow, ordering the new one this weekend. hopefully it will be here by next weekend.

EH6, i was actually talkin to exclusive honda girl (EHG not EH6 lol) but whats up man?

I have a new favorite car (within reach). I stumbled upon lecagygt.com and am currently awe struck. I never realized that the Legacy GT Limited had so much potential. There's one guy on there that just got done with a turbo setup on his legacy GT wagon (no actual engine work) and is hitting 319awhp at 14psi. He's now street tuned on 20 psi but hasn't dyno'd it yet. He raced a new C6 vette and pulled pretty hard on it......and the kicker.......the subie is an automatic. Now that's a sleeper.

Sorry, slightly off topic, but still subie related.

Me too. No offense to xxscaxx but I think the legacy GT lowered with 18's wingless looks better than the STI. Much more low key but still really aggressive. Plus you can pick up an 05 LGT Limited with around 10k miles for around 22-23k. Compare that to the 28k or more that people want for their used STI's.

Archived