Wiring ?

sohcVTEC-E

I converted my 5 wire o2 sensor to a 4 wire and put the P28 in and now im getting trouble codes 6:ECT - water temperature sensor, 7:TPS - throttle position sensor, and 10:IAT - intake air temperature sensor. Did I wire something wrong? I double checked my wires and they seem to be alright... Trouble codes aren't present when I hook up my OBD2 Comp.

are you talking about me???

60 seconds is also plenty of time for it to get hot enough to burn lol

and the car will run without the sensor plugged in anyway (talking about the after cat one)

i know what goes to what now.....it was just a pain learning bc the diagram was not very helpful at all

well im confused a bit as far as what your doing here. but , if your running a P28 and obd1 in your car , you should only have 1 o2 sensor running. no after the cat o2 sensor on obd1 cars.

if your trying to do this using the existing wiring harness in the car you cant. you either need a conversion harness , or an entire engine harness for an OBD1 car of your application. the reason your getting those codes is cause the pinouts are different. when you plug that ECU in to your plugs , crap isnt in the rightplace. either get an OBD1 harness , or get yourself a socket like the one in the obd2 ecu you have or remove the socket from the ecu you have which will of course render it useless afterwards. and get the pinouts for both setups. and make your own conversion harness. if you dont get me and would like more detailed instructions let me know.

Archived