HELP: how to remove 2006 honda accord stereo system

nguyen89

• 2 weeks later...

The following link shows you how to remove the shift cover plate, heated seat switches, the two front trays, and the center hutch.

http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/HondaInstal..._music_link.pdf

The link is originally for the iPod Music Link but the method is still the same.

I installed a USA*SPEC iPod integrator in my 06 coupe using these instructions.

My experience is that most of the parts are snap on snap off with some screws in odd places. Make sure you take great care not to use too much force because you'll end up damaging some of the faceplates. Also get a pair of tongs or a parts grabber in the event you drop a screw in a hard to reach place.

After the install, I slightly damaged the plastic restraining hooks on my center hutch. Be very careful and make sure you have lots of time to work. As for the hook tool mentioned in this guide, you really don't need it to remove the hutch simply rock it forward and backward until you can leverage a finger in there and your good.

-Good luck.

This is definetely the best thing, I followed this exactly how they did except I have a manual transmission, not an auto. Because of that, I had to put it into Neutral position first.

It is pretty easy to do with the right screwdrivers. A magnetic one would be better since it holds on to the screw.

Archived