check this out!!!

lol just throwing it out there. its for competition and i would never get it because of the price and because i don't need to be able to hear my car from a mile away, that's what an exhaust system is for :thumbsup: . i don't think you could truely push that sub while you are in the car without your ears bleeding or something.

lol yeah i saw one of those jackhammar subs on pimp my ride. 8500 watts. they had six amps and only got like 5000watts to it, it still hit so hard that when they would talk you couldn't understand them cause there voices were so distorted. they had to use one of those engine crane thingies to work it into the car and they just used the whole trunk as the sub incolsure, it was stupidly crazy, but then again it was pimp my ride. i use that avatar for counter strike and thought it was funny, guess it doesn't really fit in here. i don't have any pics of my car and its nothign to show off anyway, i'll change it to somethign else

lol. that thing is overkill unless you compete. one 10" L7 is plenty for me. I'm running 1500 watts to it, but the rms on the amp is like 500, and it doen's push it as hard as I think it should. I might have to get a new amp with a higher rms.

yeah i would never want my car pimped they put the most useless crap in those cars. who the hell wants tv's in the floor of the trunk, you can't even see them??? now overhaulin is a diffirent story. functionality and performance.

lol. that thing is overkill unless you compete. one 10" L7 is plenty for me. I'm running 1500 watts to it, but the rms on the amp is like 500, and it doen's push it as hard as I think it should. I might have to get a new amp with a higher rms.

Yes, please power it with more juice. Im not sure if its safe to power it with 1000 watt rms but maybe 800 or so.

Yes, please power it with more juice. Im not sure if its safe to power it with 1000 watt rms but maybe 800 or so.

its safer to over power a sub rather then under power it. dont ask y i dont know, i just know that thats the way it is lol. i had so many people come back to the shop sayin there sub was blown and about 90% was cuz the amp wasnt powerful enough.

those cerwin vega strokers were good quality but ugly IMO and didnt hit as hard as you would expect from a big ass thing like that lol.

airjordan - not trying to contradict you or anything but almost any sub can sound good and hit hard, just depends on the setup. dont get me wrong i love JL, but you can make MTX thunder 4000's hit just as hard in a hatch back with a ported box lol. i wanted to get 2 of the JL W7 13.5 inch subs, now those are bad ass subs. JL is sweet tho cuz they dont require alot of power to sound good and the have a low RMS but still hit really hard

its safer to over power a sub rather then under power it. dont ask y i dont know, i just know that thats the way it is lol. i had so many people come back to the shop sayin there sub was blown and about 90% was cuz the amp wasnt powerful enough.

those cerwin vega strokers were good quality but ugly IMO and didnt hit as hard as you would expect from a big ass thing like that lol.

airjordan - not trying to contradict you or anything but almost any sub can sound good and hit hard, just depends on the setup. dont get me wrong i love JL, but you can make MTX thunder 4000's hit just as hard in a hatch back with a ported box lol. i wanted to get 2 of the JL W7 13.5 inch subs, now those are bad ass subs. JL is sweet tho cuz they dont require alot of power to sound good and the have a low RMS but still hit really hard

As long as you don't use too much power. 10% over the RMS rating is usually very safe. As for the Strokers being ugly, who gives a rats ass? Function over fashion.

lol +1

i blew my other sub from over powering it. giving it exactly the power it needs will pretty much make it impossible to blow. had a setup with just the right amount of power and i could turn it all teh way up without it blowing, it would just get a little distorted..

lol +1

i blew my other sub from over powering it. giving it exactly the power it needs will pretty much make it impossible to blow. had a setup with just the right amount of power and i could turn it all teh way up without it blowing, it would just get a little distorted..

That's why I mentioned 10% over RMS. If you have too little power, you'll suffre from "clipping" distortion. It's usually safer to go 10% over to compensate for the loss in the wiring. Also, you'll blow a speaker easier from underpowering it than overpowering it.

Archived