Intake Install on a 1998 Accord EX V6

bradypunch

I bought a used AEM short ram intake on ebay for my Accord V6 and I don't have the install instructions. I am new at this Honda thing and I wanted to know if anyone has instructions they can email me or if they know of a place online that has them available to view. I have looked online but haven't had any luck. Anyhing you guys/gals can tell me I will appreciate. ;-)

I bought a used AEM short ram intake on ebay for my Accord V6 and I don't have the install instructions. I am new at this Honda thing and I wanted to know if anyone has instructions they can email me or if they know of a place online that has them available to view. I have looked online but haven't had any luck. Anyhing you guys/gals can tell me I will appreciate. ;-)

fairly simple. pop your hood. youll see your engine block. behidn your engine block your going to see the throttle body. its probably going to have some letters, something like PGMFI or something like that. thats going to be your throttle body. connected to your throttle body your going to have a black tube, tahts your stock intake system. attached to that is going to be a box, just an empty box. you wanna remove the empty box along with the stock intake tubing. so now that you have that done, you should have your aem intake tubing along with a filter, and some metal fastners (kinda like zip ties), and a lil colored foamy rubber thing about 4 inches long and its hollow, idk wat its called but ill just call it an adapter piece. so what your going to wanna do is take that adapter piece, and stick it on the end of your throttle body. then stick two fastners over the colored thing, and put your aem intake piping inside the adapter. make sure that the lil pipe sticking off the intake tube is positioned so that it is relatively close to the engine block, and so the lil pipe is actually pointed towards the block for the most part. make sure its tight and snug, and fasten the ties, one on the end of the adapter closest to the throttle body and the other on the end of the adapter furthest from the throttle body. this will keep it attached, make sure its fairly tight so that when you hit a bump it doesnt fall off, and you unkowingly drive around for days without a filtration system on your car. so then your going to want to put a fastner over the open end of your aem intake, and slide on the filter. slide the fastner down over the filter so that can tightly secure the filter so again it doesnt fall off. now lastly you should have like 2 or small lil fastners, maybe an inch in diameter or smaller, and you should have a lil straw looking thing. your going to want to attach the straw looking thing to the lil pipe sticking off the side of the intake tube, and slide the fastner over the straw all the way to the end of it to tighten it on the intake tube. the on your block there should be a black tube, thats stock, and already on your car, that looks like it previously connected your block to your stock intake. remove that tube from the block, and put the straw looking thing from your intake tube into where you just removed the stock tube. if you can take the stock tubing that you just unplugged off, do so, if not then leave it. your intake is now installed. if your intake didnt come with the straw looking thing, your going to wanna go to an auto motive store, and get like 2 of these lil filters called air breathers. and install one where on the lil pipe thing is on your intake, and where the stock tube was that you were supposed to remove from your block. your intake is now installed, but i will add that there should be a few of these bracket looking things, i dont know what they are or what you do with them, but i installed my intake wihtout them, and my friend did the same to his and our intakes worked just fine and they never fell off or anything so i guess you can ditch those. heres a site with pic of a dudes engine bay with it already done so you can see what its supposed to looks like, this method is done with the two air breathers, and in this picture they used a cold air intake versus a short ram so it looks a lil different with the intake piping being far longer. but everything else is all the same.

Archived