What do you think the problem is?

Sneekpeaks

Ok so ive always smelt some kind of burnt smell from under the hood of my car it has 191k miles on it v6 honda accord 97. people say it should last a hell of a lot longer then that. I have done much work to this car because i basically got it for free and f*ck i need a ride. I've had 2 oil changes since ive had it i got it at 187k miles. Changed the air filters. New spark plugs. New battery. I took it into a dealership when check engine lights came with the misfiring cylinders which was fixed with spark plugs. They said it has loud valve noise though that would cost 1500 to get fixed if they wanted to resurface the heads on the engine and etc. Well totally not worth that so who knows. Maybe it came back to haunt me? But i'm not planning on driving and i need this car for school and i took a picture of where white smoke is rising up out of. It is between the bottom of the engine and something else im not to car fanatic i know basic things about cars. The themometer doesnt go up on the car at all it sits below half way. Check engine light isnt on. But white smoke comes rollin up from this spot where i have circled. People have told me it could be my head gasket or my coolant lines. But it has full coolant in the car and always has... might be the case. But it just started smoking today im not planning on driving it anywhere further except to the dealership when they open on tuesday. Any ideas? Engine is not sidewaysim001407to3.jpg

full view

im001410py5.jpg

White smoke usually indicates coolant leaking. The burning smell shoud smell a bit sweet.
....i think he already knows that = teh ghay

I think they know what the smell is.... Okay, does the car miss at all? does it feel like it has "lost" some power?

well from the perspective where u say the smoke is coming from, it seems like u have a blown head gasket.

it's not too hard to do, but just to make sure, i'd do a compression test on all the cylinders.

but it just might be a slight leak in ur coolant line. get me answers to my questions.

later.

Archived