Selling my accord please help

nike_jumpman_2333

I'm considering selling my 2000 Honda Accord 4 cyl Vtec 5 speed.

This has several modifications to it.

I've been looking around for my type and from what i can tell the 2000yr Vtec 4 cyl is pretty rare and most are 6cyl.

The mods are custom TYC tail lights, exhaust, cold air intake, and white gauges.

It also has new good year eagle tires on it with only about 4k miles on them, and a very deep red custom paint job, along with very dark tinted windows that look good, but only has stock rims on it : (

BTW my car has 132,000 miles.

And also a new cd player in it with some good 6x9 speakers

I paid 7900 for it and people tell me i got a steal.

Anyone here have a guestimate of what i can get for it???

Im hoping at least 9k

but i saw a car like mine minus upgrades for like 10500 what u guys think???

I'm considering selling my 2000 Honda Accord 4 cyl Vtec 5 speed.

This has several modifications to it.

I've been looking around for my type and from what i can tell the 2000yr Vtec 4 cyl is pretty rare and most are 6cyl.

The mods are custom TYC tail lights, exhaust, cold air intake, and white gauges.

It also has new good year eagle tires on it with only about 4k miles on them, and a very deep red custom paint job, along with very dark tinted windows that look good, but only has stock rims on it : (

BTW my car has 132,000 miles.

And also a new cd player in it with some good 6x9 speakers

I paid 7900 for it and people tell me i got a steal.

Anyone here have a guestimate of what i can get for it???

Im hoping at least 9k

but i saw a car like mine minus upgrades for like 10500 what u guys think???

7.9k for a 00 accord, 6 cyl or not. idk what city and state do you live in, cuz that makes a big difference on the price of the car.

You can go to kbb.com and check the value minus the upgrades... You usually won't get what they say, but maybe with the other stuff. Also, that car is going to be difficult to sell with the upgrades (atleast where I live, it would be) because most people find the 4-doors to be family cars, not performance vehicles.

Also, I wouldn't consider the 4-cyl 5-speed to be that rare... That's what I have and I know several other people around here that have this exact same thing. The rarest part will be the fact its a 5-speed, and everything else is normal on these accords. Don't count on it selling because you consider it rare... But that's just my 2 cents...

Personally, I would expect to pay less because of the upgrades. I personally would expect a price decrease because of the taillights, and an intake and exhaust is not an expensive upgrade. So in a sense, I'd say you'd be good to get what you paid for it because of the upgrades.

Oh and to clarify my point, that's not what I would actually look at when buying a car. This is what I've run into when selling a modded car. One person would have bought it if it had stock exhaust. One person would have been interested if it hadn't been lowered. Unfortunately, most people would rather have an un-modded car than one that's modded. Find the right buyer though and you could be set.

From what I am guessing, Accord LX 2dr, according to kbb.com, it says the value would be 5,770 for excellent condition... For the EX model, it says 6,700... I think you'd be way over pricing it looking for 10,500, but you never know if you find the right buyer... (and hope they don't look it up on kbb.com)

This is what I've run into when selling a modded car. One person would have bought it if it had stock exhaust. One person would have been interested if it hadn't been lowered. Unfortunately, most people would rather have an un-modded car than one that's modded. Find the right buyer though and you could be set.

totally aggree. im the same way, id rather have an un modded car for the simple fact that, you dont know what the owner of the car did to it, you dont know often times what parts they used, who did the work etc etc. like my car for example, i lowered it 3 inches without a camber kit, (was going to wait til my next check to get a good set versus getting a cheapo set at the time). i could have sold it, and been like ooh yah its dropped to the ground and what not, but a few weeks later the new guy would have ran his tires into the ground. back when i first started looking for cars thoguh, i knew i wanted to buy a modded car to save money on mods and to be cool cuz i had a f&f style car with a body kit and crapt. at that time i didnt understand the value of modding a car yourself, and how with every mod a little piece of you is instilled in your car, and you have to earn the right to be fast. fortunately for me, i did it right and bought a stock car, however all my friends did the exact opposite, and one bought a $2000 crx with a b18 and thought he was the sex for like 2 weeks. then it stopped running, lmao, same sorta thing happend to my other friend with his civic hatch that had a stage 2 clutch that he couldnt drive without the car shuttering horribly, was primer black with a body kit attached by wood screws, lowered on cut springs, (he totally thought that because there were tien spring stickers on the window, that his springs were actually tien) and racing seats that slide forward when you stop (he said his b16 had too much torque so it uprooted the seats, then i showed him his engine code, it was a d15.) so your best bet is to sell it to a noob 16 year old, tell him that your cai adds like 50 hp and that your car is uber fast, and tell his mom that, that its bigger and safer than a civic, yet still sporty, good on gas, and cheaper on insurance. theyll be sure to buy it. oh and dont forget to mention that your car has vtec like 58 times.

I am also looking to sell my car.

It is a 2000 Honda Accord EX V6(2door coupe) automatic with 125k at the motment. I was hoping I would be able to get $8500, but would gladly take $8k for it. If anyone is interested, please email me at hdawg06@gmail.com. I live in Kansas by the way.

By the way, car is 100% stock with sunroof, side airbags, leather seats, and others. It has no spoiler, multi disc, and fog lights up front.

Archived